Here are some fun ideas to try
Brighten up Lunch
- Seal sandwich bags or other wrapped items with popular cartoon character stickers
- Use rubber stamps and colored stamp pads to print designs on paper sandwich bags or lunch bags.
- Plastic wrap comes in colors; use it for different items in the lunch box for a rainbow effect.
- Brightly colored containers, napkins and utensils heighten the appeal of the lunch. Drinks may taste better with a straw.
- Cut sandwiches in cookie cutter shapes, triangles or rectangular strips.
- Substitute pita bread or a flower tortilla for bread in a sandwich
- Pack a collection of fresh vegetables with a tiny carton of vegetable dip or chunk fruits instead of including the whole portion. Serve fruits with a yogurt/brown sugar dipping sauce.
- Juice boxes can be frozen, then serve as an ice pack for the remainder of the lunch.
- Occasionally include a surprise in the lunch box: colored pencils, new crayons, or a trendy eraser.
- The old standard, but not-to-be-forgotten contribution is a loving or whimsical note from home